When you start any venture it can be difficult, especially when it comes to starting a business where you get passive income. Passive income is the best kind of income to make but it is difficult at best to achieve. There is a high failure rate when it comes to making passive income. It could be because if the way people handle their failure. Failure is actually good for success, but we have to be able the handle it and learn from it.
We must examine our failures with an eye towards future success. Reflective thinking is a way that we can reflect on our failures and push ourselves forward. We can always get better, and reflective thinking is a way to do that.
Here are five steps to a reflective thinking technique that I found by John Maxwell.
1. Review – Look back at the events of your past. Set aside time when you have failed to review what happened. What caused you to fail and how did you learn from that mistake.
2. Reflect – Have a place where you can think about what worked and what did not. Examine it in more detail. What plans worked? What decision yielded good results? What decision ended up being wrong? If I were to approach the situation again, how would I do it differently?
3. Recover – When things do not turn out as planned you need time to recover. Everyone makes mistakes. Letting yourself feel bad for a short time can motivate you to fix what needs to be fixed. Do not stay there though you have to move on.
4. Rearrange – Get clarity about your priorities. Now that you have failed, decide which way you should go and start down a new track.
5. Recharge – Dwelling on the past with an eye toward the future allows you to rebound. It often reveals the humor in a situation. Go ahead a laugh at yourself. Get going again and work toward avoiding previous mistakes.
Reflection can be a time of excitation and creativity. It's a chance to brainstorm about the future and what it could be like. It inspires you to continue improving. It keeps you progressing as an individual and as a leader. So reflect on your mistakes just long enough to shape your future in positive ways. You can become successful in your passive income venture if you just never, never ever give up.